About Kay and Shi
Welcome To The Family!
Hi, We're Kay & Shi
We’re Rooting For You!
When Kay and Shila were 10 and 17, their parents quit their careers and “bet it all” to buy a tiny breakfast restaurant in a California ski town. The sisters instantly gained a front row seat to the drama of American entrepreneurship, and joined the ownership to help grow the business into a national brand featured on Food Network, in The New York Times, Forbes and more. The sisters maintain ownership of the 8 figure restaurant chain and serve as co-chairs of the board.
Since 2015 Kay and Shila have shared their stories and strategies as speakers and podcasts hosts, speaking to crowds of dozens, hundreds, and thousands. Contracted by leadership expert and bestselling author John Maxwell, the sisters helped design a marketing strategy that yielded 90 million dollars in sales and still serve as the marketing faculty for John’s organization of more than 40,000 members.
The sisters have had the opportunity to interview and share stages with many accomplished people, including, John Maxwell, Michelle Obama, Dr. Bruce Lipton, Dr. Daniel Amen , and Dr. Robert Cialdini, to name a few.
They are now partnered with the famous neuropsychologist Dr. Joseph McClendon III, as co-founders of The Neuroencoding Institute, an educational organization that certifies students in neuroscience methodologies.
Kay and Shila live in Reno Nevada with their husbands and children, and when they aren’t trying to elevate the world, you can often find them doing puzzles, practicing piano, teaching at the University of Nevada, and singing songs from the smash Broadway hit: Hamilton.
"You deserve to have sisters in your corner, that’s why we’re here for you. Whether you’re building your entrepreneurial dream or simply trying to live your best life, remember: we’re rooting for YOU!"
– Kay & Shi
We’d LOVE to introduce ourselves, and get to know you now that you’re part of our family! Here’s 7 facts about your new sister duo:
1. We’re real life sisters (7 years apart) and best friends. Kay’s name might come first, but she’s the youngest, and if you ask either of us who’s in charge, we’ll both say: Big Sis Shi.
2. We’re both happily married to people who accept our deep sister bond (shoutout to Danny and Chad!). Between the 2 of us there are 5 kids. 3 are Shi and Chad’s, 2 are Kay and Danny’s, and all of them are the most cherished things in our lives.
3. Our entrepreneurial roots run deep. When Kay was 10 and Shi was 17, our parents purchased a failing restaurant called the Squeeze In. We spent the next 18 years working in and eventually running the family business. We are still co-owners of our beloved restaurants, but today our day to day work is mainly focused on a myriad of businesses (we told you we were multidimensional!) centered around helping other multipassionate leaders with personal growth and business development.
4. Shi has a passion for the social sciences and a Masters degree in Sociology that she gets to use as a sociology instructor at University of Nevada where her students call her Professor Shi.
5. Kay is a pageant enthusiast, having won the title of Mrs. Reno in 2020 and participating in the Mrs. Nevada pageant, placing top 3 for People’s Choice. She once again holds Mrs Reno for 2022 and looks forward to competing in United States of America’s Mrs. Nevada competition later this year.
6. We love to work AND play together, and we’re kind of nerdy. We love Disney, sci-fi, puzzles, reading, woo-woo stuff, spiritual journeys, attending conferences, traveling, hiking, and musicals (specifically we’re REALLY obsessed with Hamilton. Like, really obsessed).
7. We are alcohol-free and vegetarian, but we’ll never say no to french fries or dessert – especially banana splits …
Kay & Shi RealRecentRaving Testimonials
Join The Sisterhood
Activate and get inspired alongside your favorite sisters.