We're excited to Control the Scroll alongside you!
No Algorithms, No Highlight Reel, Just People.
What kind of Freedom Could 2, 7, 14 or 30 Days Without Social Media Give You?
Global studies now show that people average 2 hours and 27 minutes of social media use daily.
Think about this… What could you do with 5 extra hours? What about 17.5, 35 or 75 hours? One month off social media has the potential to give you an extra 6 waking days of your life. With this time you could:
Work on a personal project or business
Start a new routine, fitness, self care, etc.
Go on an adventure
Spend meaningful time with people you love
Do a course, read a book or study
If you find yourself scrolling on Social Media for longer than you want, comparing your life to other people’s highlight reels or stressing about what to post, join your sisters for a Social Media Detox Challenge in 2023!
The effects of Social Media on Mental Health are Shocking!
- According to MIT, Facebook led to an increase in severe depression by 7% and anxiety disorder by 20% when it rolled out to universities between 2006-2008.
- One study published in The National Library of Medicine found a 70% increase in self-reported depressive symptoms among the group using social media.
- Eight-graders who spend over 10 hours on social media per week are 56% more likely to report being unhappy than those who spend less time on social media.
- In a study on phone addiction, 94% of college students reported feeling troubled when not carrying their phones with them. 80% of them said they felt jealous when someone else held their phones, and 70% said they expected to have feelings of depression, panic and helplessness if their phones were lost or stolen. Psychology Today
- And the research is just getting started!